Start an exciting career with us and take part in our mission to harness Technology; making banking safer, smarter and more responsive for our customers.
About our business area
Technology’s crucial in how our business operates and how we serve our customers; harnessing its potential is vital to our future and achieving our vision to be number one for customer service, trust and advocacy. We work closely with every part of the bank to understand customers’ and business’ needs so we can confidently deliver cutting edge solutions.
Our priority’s to go above and beyond for our customers by delivering valuable, responsive and secure products and services.
About the Programme
Our two year programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to get your career as a leading technology professional off to a flying start.
Our graduates learn how technology works in a large organisation and gain hands on experience in:
- Software design,
- Data analysis
- Production support.
During the programme you can look forward to:
- Working collaboratively in an agile environment
- deliver technology solutions that meet the needs of our customers in the most efficient, cost-effective and reliable way
- Building the technical skills needed to become a specialist in areas such as software engineering, infrastructure engineering or quality analysis
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
You’ll move through four, six month rotations; giving you the chance to explore what we do, and help to shape leading technology for our customers and colleagues.
From day one, you’ll have a wide network of dedicated people to support you, including a line manager, placement manager, mentor and a buddy. They’ll be with you, every step of the way, to answer your questions, help build your professional network and support you in your career development.
You’ll also have the opportunity to study for further qualifications.
You’ll be rewarded with a starting salary of £31,850 a year
When you finish the programme, you’ll be well placed to take on a permanent position with us, opening the door to roles like (but not limited to):
- Software Engineer
- Data Analyst or
- Quality Analyst
You’ll need to be on course for, or already have, a 2:2 degree.
We’ll be looking out for curious and inquisitive people, with a real passion for technology and the drive to explore how it can be used to make a positive difference for our customers.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
• A strong customer focus
• Problem solving skills, with a willingness to learn and quickly adapt to change
• An innovative and creative mind-set
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships
In short, you’ll have to be something of an all-rounder – as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others.