Technology Support Analyst (Edinburgh)
- Graduate Scheme (August 2020)
- Internship (June 2020)
- Spring Insight Week (April 2020)
BlackRock is responsible for the financial well-being of governments, foundations, and people saving for retirement, their children’s education, and hopes of a better life.
Our investment platform, Aladdin, helps make this possible through its mission: To make the world’s investing information transparent and actionable.
Aladdin is relied upon by dozens of the world’s largest organisations to manage their business around the world, 24/7, and no one knows Aladdin like us. The Technology Support team consists of system administrators, software developers, incident managers and project managers focusing on maintaining the stability and efficiency of the Aladdin platform for BlackRock and our clients. This is a fast-paced team operating in a dynamic environment and we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve our efficiencies, processes and automation.
Our Technology Support team is known for:
- Fixing Difficult Problems: The most critical software and hardware issues come through and stop with us. We’re always looking for new solutions and projects to improve the performance and recovery of Aladdin.
- Disaster Recovery: Hurricanes, snowstorms, hardware failure and software bugs all pose a real threat when there are $Trillions at stake.
- Collaboration: We work with all areas of the BlackRock business, from developers to relationship managers to ensure we continue to provide world-class service as we grow.
- More than just a team: It’s easy to see the team as a community rather than just a department. When we’re not solving some of the most challenging in the FinTech sector, we’re organising Hackathons, Team Charity Days, Tech Meetups, running groups, table tennis, chess or video game tournaments and much, much more.
Core Systems Operations (CSO), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Business Operations Enterprise Systems (BOES) are teams within Technology Support. We are responsible for maintaining system performance and uptime for Aladdin and other critical applications used at BlackRock and our clients. We’re problem solvers, innovators and the last line of defence against major software and hardware problems, aiming to fix potential issues before anyone ever notices! We’re a rapidly-growing team from all different backgrounds working together on some of the industry’s most complex challenges.
As a Technology Support analyst you will:
- Participate in four 6-month assignments across various teams during a two-year rotational program, providing a breadth of experiences to teams, technologies and businesses.
- Participate in hands-on technical and business work using a variety of sophisticated technologies
- Work alongside Aladdin Developers, Relationship Managers and Infrastructure Engineers
- Contribute to a challenging, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential