Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years. We have one of the most established and successful Management Trainee programmes in the industry as we have been nurturing, developing and fulfilling potential for over 35 year in this way.
We are currently looking to recruit a Management Trainee Site Manager to join our team in Exeter. As a Trainee Site Manager you will be directly involved in construction management and site operations. Your career is all about working with Willmott Dixon colleagues and the supply chain to plan and manage the construction processes on site to ensure the project is completed safely, on time, to quality and on budget.
Some of our most talented Management Trainees now sit on the main board and in senior managerial roles within our business and this scheme is a structured, fast-track route in one of the most forward thinking construction and property companies who are a Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
Our Management Trainees come from diverse backgrounds and qualification routes. We welcome all applications:
- Skilled trades people
- School leaver with A' Levels or equivalent qualification
- College leavers
- Industrial placement students
- People who are looking for a career change
All that we ask is that you have a passion for building a career in construction. The programme will give you a great foundation; you will get exposure to all areas of our business to develop your understanding of the construction business as a whole not just your chosen discipline. The length of your programme will depend on your entry route, generally between two and four years. On successful completion of the training programme you will be positively supported to complete a professional qualification such as CIOB and progress onto an Assistant Site Manager role within the business.
Essential and desirable criteria
The ideal candidate:
- The competence to work to highest standards in your chosen discipline
- A strong understanding of business processes and industry IT systems
- The ability to make decisions in a timely and appropriate manner
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- 12 months relevant work or industry experience
- Working towards appropriate professional membership
You will be able to:
- Reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
- Model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
- Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers
- Manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy
There will be a structured training programme for you to follow, and a mentor will assist with your progress.
In return we offer:
Company car or allowance (if applicable)
Day release to study (where applicable)
Pay for your college/university/vocational study fees (if applicable)
Study leave (where applicable)