Retrain as a Software Developer
See our website for more information on the course and what we offer
TechSwitch’s mission is to provide people from all walks of life with the opportunity to become expert Software Developers. Our training bootcamp will help you expand your horizons, learn new skills and enter a new industry.
Create products that change lives. Work with technologies at the forefront of innovation. Shape the very future of our planet. And enjoy a great work-life balance.
These are just some of the reasons we love working in the tech sector. And now you can too, even if you’ve never written a line of code.
Thanks to the TechSwitch programme, you can retrain as a software engineer on our 12-week bootcamp. Once you complete the course, we’ll help find you an 18-month industry placement – and pay successful placements £30,000 per year.
On a mission to diversify tech
We are passionate about closing the diversity gap within the tech sector and want to make sure that anyone who wants to become a software developer has the opportunity, regardless of their background. This is why we provide a course which requires no previous experience with software development and then get you your first step on the career ladder as a software developer, all the while supported by us.
- Training hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday, giving you time to do the school run and conduct independent studying when it works for you
- Top of the range laptops, monitors etc are provided for training
- One-to-one mentoring and support throughout the training and the 18-month placement
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided
- Really lovely trainers who have gone through the training themselves and used it in their careers as software developers
Who it's for
TechSwitch is for people from any background who want to make the move into the tech sector.
For example, you might be…
- Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
- Just out of university or college, and keen to be part of the vibrant tech industry
- On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
What you get from TechSwitch
- A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. We also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
- A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, we provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
- Help securing an 18-month paid industry placement, where you’ll be part of a development team, writing code and building up valuable software engineering skills and experience.
Once you complete your placement, the skills and experience you gain will put you in high demand in the job market. You may have the opportunity to continue your career at the organisation which provided your placement. Alternatively, you’ll be well set to secure one of the myriad tech sector jobs in London and beyond.
First, your paid placement gives you financial security and priceless industry experience.
Second, we have a strong focus on diversity and recruit people based on their potential rather than solely experience.
And third, you’ll be taught by a team of people who work at the cutting edge of the tech sector, day-in, day-out. We’ve built software to stream Glastonbury’s headliners. We’ve helped shape key UK government cloud computing roadmaps. We worked with DeepMind and Moorfields Eye Hospital to use artificial intelligence to diagnose sight-threatening eye diseases.
You’ll learn first-hand what it takes to build software that can change lives and improve the world we live in.
And you’ll be in good company. We’ve almost 20 years’ experience in training people to become outstanding software engineers. These individuals have gone on to work for organisations such as Google DeepMind, Anthony Nolan, Square Enix and END. menswear
Interested? Apply here!