Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains.
Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages.
Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transmission Operator position at our Multi-Channel Playout Centre.
Working in the Transmission department, this role is responsible for monitoring and ensuring quality standards at the Nordic Media Center for our portfolio of Entertainment channels and Live Sports channels to the Nordic and UK regions.
- Monitor and ensure quality standards and playlist continuity for multiple TV-channels, making sure playlists are running smoothly, in close partnership with our Programming Department
- Prepare playlists and TX suites and then execute live sporting events across our UK and Nordic portfolio of channels
- Proactively look for potential issues in playlists and content as amend or escalate as required
- Maintain first line support of services and equipment, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation, in close partnership with the Engineering Department
- Provide times and countdowns to external content providers for live events
- Handle all daily communication between channels and play out control, e.g. playlist deliveries/updates, live transmission preparation, graphic scheduling etc.
- Compile daily discrepancy reports on the service of the play out centre and the channels
- Be part of solving problems of all kinds and improving internal workflows
- Be trained in our broadcast system which is 100% based on the newest technology
- Ensure professional and safe play out of 25 channels to 5 countries at all times
- Previous experience in the broadcasting area, ideally in transmission and ideally with live broadcasts
- Have technical experience of operating various broadcast equipment, ideally iTX and Aveco automation systems.
- Have operational experience with broadcast automation systems
- Have a desire to learn and expand your technical knowledge within the Television Broadcasting area
- Good communicator, coordinator and organiser
- Have good analytical skills
- Can work independently and under pressure in a multi- channel environment with close attention to detail and timing while being proactive, efficient and professional
- Have a positive attitude to problem solving
- Flexibility - have the ability to pick up new skills, learn new processes and workflows quickly
- Have experience in troubleshooting, escalating and logging any issues encountered
- Team player with an open mind
- Initiative taker, proactive and not afraid of putting your ideas forward
- Would like to work in an exciting environment
- OK with working on a shift rota with shifts covering all hours 24-7-365 including weekends and public holidays, as required