Cities: London, Newcastle
Area of expertise: Software Engineering
Graduate Role Opportunity, Starting March 2021
Avanade’s Cloud focused team are looking for ambitious graduates to join our Accelerated Modern Engineering training programme. We are recruiting now for graduates looking to bring their technical passion and skills into the VelocITy Programme.
Graduates can expect: 12 months of intensive training and shadowing aimed to help you fast track into a Cloud, Infrastructure or Modern Software Engineering consultancy career. Note this programme has been fully adapted and enhanced since Covid-19 to enable virtual training and engagement until face to face engagement is possible again.
VelocITy Training Programme
Technical Training will be split into two rotations. You will learn from and shadow consultants in Avanade’s Infrastructure and Software Engineering teams.
An additional soft skills and remote workplace training roadmap will help develop your consultancy skills ensuring confident delivery of advice to clients.
Performance Management: during core training months, your performance will be reviewed through group work and hackathons. You can also expect to complete 3 Microsoft Azure certifications bringing you up to Architect Level. Your will have an assigned Career Advisor and Buddy throughout your career at Avanade.
The Avanade Foundation Group: As a graduate on the VelocITy programme, you will be part of a wider early talent network. You will sit alongside other Graduates and Apprentices as part of the Avanade Foundation Group (AFG). The AFG directly supports Early Talent ensuring high quality and sustained training, mentoring, support and social engagement. The AFG is a springboard for training, development, networking and engagement which help you integrate closely with others right across the business as you start out at Avanade.
Progressing in your career: once completing a year in the VelocITy programme, your assigned Career Advisor will be on hand to help you decide where you want to go next with your career at Avanade. You will move into live project environments enabling you to apply your training within a live client project or consulting role.
Salary and Package:
We offer competitive salaries complemented by an extensive benefits package which includes:
- BUPA private healthcare
- Pension scheme contributions
- An extended benefits allowance
- Discretionary performance-related bonus
- 80+ hours of technical training and development courses per consultant per year.
- 8 hours volunteering time (uncapped during Covid)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree: Any enabling demonstration and development of applicable role skills Examples including but not limited to: Computer Science | Software Engineering | Engineering | Mathematics
- 2:1 classification or above: with 340 UCAS points at A-Level
- Evidence of your interests and passion in technology
- Ability to adapt, learn new skills and apply existing skills to new learning and technologies
- An analytical mind
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willingness to develop excellent communications skills (your role may develop into client facing positions, so a positive attitude to great communication is important)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work on different projects and locations
- This is a technical role so familiarisation or aptitude and willingness to develop skills in the following would equip you well: Microsoft technologies: Azure / DevOps/ O365 | Java or C++ | UML | Cloud Technologies | AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
The Application Process 2020-2021
- Role Registration: December
- Phone screening call with Early Talent Recruitment Team: December-January
- Invite to interview: January
- Assessment Centre: Group Exercise / Interview / Case Study: Beginning February
- Second round of interviews: February
- Decision and feedback: Mid-February
- Avanade VelocITy Onboarding: Mid March
Note, in alignment with Government guidelines, we expect the interview and onboarding process for the VelocITy programme to be hosted remotely.
Learn more about Avanade: Avanade was co-created in 2000 by Accenture & Microsoft - we are a global IT consultancy specializing in Microsoft technologies. We are the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. We believe in diversity. Diverse teams and an inclusive environment are critical to innovation and future growth. Our mission is to create an environment where employees can do their best work.
Software Engineering at Avanade: As a Solution Developer, your focus will be on developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions, implementation of custom application development and selection using the .NET Framework, WPF, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, BizTalk, Windows 10, Windows Phone 10 and other advanced components of Microsoft technology.